Trim (Co. Meath) / Baile Athá Troim
There are no remains at this site near the bridge over the Boyne river.
While the first certain date for the Franciscan friary at Trim is 1318, we may be fairly sure that the friars arrived as early as 1282. In 1330 (and again about 1430) the buildings were badly damaged by Boyne floods. The community adopted the Observant reform before 1506. The friars were expelled from Trim in 1542 and did not return until 1629. By the eighteenth century, they had become involved in parish work on a large scale.