Saint Isidore’s College in Rome was founded by the Irish friar, Luke Wadding OFM in 1625. It still belongs to the Franciscan Province of Ireland.
Today, in agreement with the Irish Province, the college is under the direct jurisdiction of the Minister General and is the home of the Collegium Sancti Bonaventurae – International Centre for Franciscan Studies and Research.
The College also hosts theology students from the Irish Province who attend the various Pontifical Universities in the city.
In July, the Minister General and General Definitory re-elected friars Hugh McKenna and Juri Leoni as Guardian and Vicar of the international fraternity in Saint Isidore’s.
Also friar Bill Short from the United States has been reappointed Director of the Collegium Sancti Bonaventurae and Br Benedikt Mertens from Germany has been appointed its first Vice-Director.
The Collegium, based in Saint Isidore’s, specialises in making medieval Franciscan manuscripts available to a modern audience as well as publishing Archivum Franciscanum Historicum, a prestigious scholarly journal.
Please keep our brothers in your prayers.