Cork. T12 D376
Tel: (021) 4270302 / 4275481
GPS: Present Friary 51.898449 -8.478570
Medieval Friary 51.901334 – 8.481115
Founded in 1229, the North Mall friary was abandoned in 1540.
The friars came to Broad Lane about 1759 before moving to Liberty Street. The Novitiate house was located in Cork from 1814-22. In 1881 the friary and church were considered unsafe. On the 14th July 1953 the present church was opened and soon afterwards the new friary. Read more…