GPS: 53.879933 -9.001622
This friary first appears in official documents in 1645, implying a foundation about 1643. Papal approval was sought in 1663 and a superior was appointed in 1672. This is the last real evidence for a Franciscan connection, although the name remained in use during the eighteenth century. To-day it is almost certainly the oldest place of worship in the area. Within the restored ruins of the Friary, Mass is celebrated each July, to maintain a long tradition of devotion there.