May the Lord give you peace. This is just another reminder that Vocations Sunday is on Sunday next, May 15th. I hope many of you will be able to join with us on this World Day of Prayer for Vocations in Killarney as we celebrate together with many Religious Orders members of ‘Vocations Ireland’. We will begin with a Prayer Service at Muckross Abbey at 13.00 hrs. This will be followed by a three mile walk to the Franciscan Friary in the town. At 15.30 Mass will be celebrated either in the Friary chapel or the garden depending on the weather. After the Mass we will join the many others present for refreshments and chat. I encourage you to pray for vocations on a daily basis but please make a special effort to intercede with the Lord of the Harvest on this important day. We, the Franciscan Friars O.F.M are a movement of brothers, followers of Francis of Assisi who gave us a rule of life. Namely to live out the Good News of Jesus Christ in a spirit of obedience, without personal possessions and in chastity.
As a brotherhood we strive…
1. To seek the face of God in prayer together.
2. To be brothers to one another supporting and affirming one another in the service of the Good News.
3. To be in solidarity with all of creation respecting the dignity of every creature and to care lovingly for the earth our mother.
4. To bring the Good News of Jesus Christ into our work, our relationships and particularly to seek justice for those on the margins.
5. To remain open to what life and the world has to teach us. To know that wisdom is not the property of any culture or religion and that tere is always something to learn when the heart and the mind are open.
If you are interested in being part of our brotherhood please make contact and perhaps we can arrange to meet and have a chat.
God bless you as you continue to discern your vocation in life.